The Vietnam Foundry Industry produces approximately 500,000 ton/year and employs around 100,000 directly and 300,000 indirectly. The growth of the industry is important inclusive growth for other engineering sectors and overall Vietnam economics.
The foundry industry in Vietnam is serving to the following sectors:
- Automotive and Auto Component
- Construction Machinery
- Pump, Compressor, Pipe Valve, Pipe Fitting
- Electrical, Textile, Cement, Agro Machinery
- Machining Tool & Engineering Industry
- 20% output of the foundry industry goes into the automotive industry.
- 20% output of the foundry industry goes into electrical, textile, as Veam Foundry produces 20,000 tons/year of cast parts for Toshiba Industrial Motor and Juki sewing machines.
- 10% output of the foundry industry goes into construction machinery. IKI Cast produces 6,000 tons/year for Komatsu and the new plant will produce 10,000 tons/year.
- 20% output of the foundry industry goes into machining tool, as Citizen Machinery Vietnam produces 10,000 tons/year and VJE produces 10,000 tons/year.
- The most popular molding technology is green sand at 70% usage, followed by nobake furan system (15%), metal mold (10%), permanent mold (5%).
- Foundry factories are investment more in upgrading automatic molding system and high technology energy saving.
- More and more investment is going toward the improvement of health and safety environment.
- There is increasing investment in foundry industry and FDI. Japan, Korea, Taiwan companies are leading investors.